This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pretty Butterfly at the beach..........

We went out for the day with Tristen, taking him for a hike and to the beach. I will show more about that in another post. Meanwhile one of the beauties I found was a yellow butterfly. There were several flitting about. Mating I believe. Hmmmmmm. Well this one was a Yellow Swallowtail Butterfly.
100_0564

They do not seem to be as frightened of people as most do. They certainly got on with business and let me get some close ups.

100_0566

They will often land on you if you stand still. Most that I have tried to photograph will just fly off when I try to get close. Although I must say the little ones we have had around the garden lately have been kind enough to pose.

100_0583

A couple of views from Empire beach. It was a hazy day, it often is when it's hot. This is Sleeping Bear Dune
100_0531

Here is the other direction, Empire Bluffs.
100_0532

A wonderful place for kids to play, that's for sure. Tristen loves throwing rocks into the water. I am sure all little boys do.

100_0538

Anyway we all had a pleasant day and I will show more in my Bluebell Woods blog.

No comments: