This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, May 28, 2012

Lovely Iris...................

I managed to get a few more pictures of our neighbours Iris today. The wind knocked so many down. What a shame. I sort of wonder what happened out at the Iris farm. We usually go out there and take a look around when they are in bloom. Have not done so yet. I wish I dare ask the neigbour for some of his hehe.
lavenderiris
I still think the lavender is my favourite, look at the details.

closeupiris1

Photobucket

closeupiris2

Not sure what colour one would call this one........bronze or peach?

bronzeiris

They are all so pretty. When you go to the Iris Farm and see just how many colours are available it would be most difficult to choose the most beautiful

pinkiris

White?

whiteiriis
Yellow is pretty but is it an Iris?....well maybe not traditional but is lovely.

yellowiris
Traditional Purple.......
Photobucket
The one thing I believe has happened with the modern Iris is that it's taller than the old ones and not at all sturdy. The wind just blew them right down. Mine are still standing I am happy to say.
Some of my Dutch Iris were out today

100_1152

Not sure if that's what they are called but I think that's right.
100_1163

Plus my own Iris were looking better after the rain last night
100_1162

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

Your neighbors Irises are gorgeous! I can't decide which color I like the best. I have never been to an Iris farm, but would love the experience.