This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

English Robins.........

Of all the lovely English birds I miss the Robin the most. Has everyone seen "The Secret Garden"?
Its a beautiful movie and if you have not seen it then you have missed something lovely. Especially if you love gardens.
Well the Robin is a friendly and cheeky bird. Sassy and cute he will befriend a gardener and hang out with him while he is digging in hopes of a worm or grub. A gardeners friend.
Photobucket
The Robin has long decorated Christmas cards. Even here in the States I often see English Robins on cards. The American Robin is a big lanky thing and would be a beautiful bird if it was not a Robin. There is only one cute Robin and that is not it. So when you see this chipper little bird on a Christmas card, just know that is a real English Robin

Photobucket

1 comment:

My Little Home and Garden said...

This is a very lovely bird. I also love the Canadian (& US) robin. It's such a sure sign of spring. Over a year ago, one built a nest in my clematis vine. The "robin's egg blue" eggs were so pretty! It's interesting seeing the birds of different continents.
-Karen