This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dream Garden.............

What would your dream garden be like? I think about that sometimes. Mine would be something on the order of The Secret Garden. I like to think of a nice stone wall surrounding it with a gate. A gate with roses growing up it, a very old gate.
PThompson-GardenGate

My gate would of course open into a meadow. Within the garden itself would be a rose garden, not a formal rose garden but climbing roses. Climbing over the stone walls and terraces.
english-garden-rose-arch
I love pink roses...........'
rosesLS
The garden would have secret places, places to sit unseen and read a book and listen to the birds. It would have very old stones and old mossy troughs of water for the animals that would come and visit. It would have barrels with water for frogs and birds to sip from.

Water-Bowl-and-Rain-Shower--2012-michaela-medina-thegardenersedencom_
There would be old steps going up into higher places and down into shadowy pathways.

seret-garden4
There would be winding paths through high flowering bushes and into secret corners where one may find a swing on a big old tree hidden from view.

Secret-Garden-Entry-in-Early-Spring

secret-gardens-for-kidss600x600
There would be hidden pools to sit and watch the goldfish and dangle fingers in

pools

There would be formal walks with vines and terraces for the evening strolls at twilight and the divine scents of the flowers
LiketheparkinDUnstable
I love the very old rocks with moss and flowers draping down from them. The feel of those ancients under the hand, cold and damp but with such a memory as we can never imagine. They saw the beginning of time they did........and maybe if one closes the eyes and open the mind we may just get a glimpse of that.
Actaea-racemosa-Hillside-Black-Beauty-in-the-Secret-Garden--Michaela-at-TGE

quiet places to just sit and be quiet.

Photobucket

(Thanks to all the photographers whose pictures I have borrowed)

I am linking this with A Delightful Life

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely..I'm also dreaming of the same garden! Thanks for showing me what my secret garden looks like! LOL!

Sherry said...

What a beautiful post, I enjoyed strolling through your dream garden.

Kathy said...

Oh, YES, I love everything you've dreamt about in your dream Secret Garden. I too wish for such things in my garden - it is a step-by-step process....but a lovely one at that - I love that bench in the last photo! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy