This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, July 30, 2012

100_0284
On my Bluebell Woods blog I was talking about the wild things during this summer heat. I have dishes out all over my garden that I try to keep full. The above is a glass ash tray I got at a garage sale several years ago. The Mourning Doves like to drink out of it. I keep it fresh. The ones around the garden I fill with the hose once a day.The bird baths stay full.
I know they say to not water the plants when the sun is high, but I like to do that for the small creatures, Imagine for the bees and small things to be able to take a sip here at a flower.
104_0219-1
Or shake of the water to take a shower.
Photobucket
Keep the water filled up as long and as often as possible please, the critters do come to rely on people when things get rough and its a privilege for me to do so.
Photobucket
I said in my other post about people leaving dogs in cars. I don't care if they leave the window cracked or whatever, it must not happen. If you see a dog in a car on a hot day call the police. If they don't have time to show up then get the dog out any way you can, if possible send someone to the store to notify owner that the dog will be removed if they don't get their butts outside. I know I can not tell people to break windows or kidnap peoples dogs and I am not saying that but only that its what I would do.

No comments: