This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blue Jay family.............


105_0095


So how do I know the male from the female Blue Jay? Hmmmmm. Well this is the little family that nested under my kitchen window. They better be grateful that I kept the cat at Bay because its been hunting Chipmunks. I hate that about domestic cats. They are not hungry but they love to hunt. She was an inside cat but now insists on being outside. All cat lovers will know that once a cat decides something the human is not likely to change its mind.
Anyway............the Blue Jay family thrives.............so far.

Back off Brother
105_0120

The Blue Jay is a beautiful bird. Noisy, quarrelsome and rather a coward. Well, lets see......they fly off at the slightest move on my part but a Chickadee for example will stay and stare me down.

So what's for lunch?

105_0112

Hey, Try that one down there

105_0114

What did I do....why isn't you speaking to me. Yes I ate it how could you tell, but there's plenty more honest.
105_0132

I think we have a mum and dad and one baby..........but I am not sure. I have seen these 3 together but as they all look alike its hard to say if there are more. They make enough noise for a whole tribe.

105_0121

No comments: