This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, May 20, 2012

New use for old things.................

Do not throw things away until you are sure you can't use them
100_0686

This old wheel barrow we brought home from my son's house in the U.P. This year I have some white flowers in it, I am just hoping they will grow and fill it up. I may need to put a few Petunias in there to be sure. The next picture is an old berry pail. I have it hanging on a short Shepherds crook.

100_0631

This old car I got several years ago at a yard sale. It was all rusty and although I had it in the house Tristen was trying to play with it. I didn't think that was a good idea so now its holding some Lemon herb.


100_0652

This is a part of our chimney that was taken down. Makes a great planter


100_0637

This old green stool came from our office. We would stand on it to get to the files. Good memories and this year it holds a basket of pansies

Photobucket

This old chair may make it for another year at least. Its really broken down but well, still life in it yet.

Photobucket

A wooden step ladder holds a bird house this year. Some times it will hold flowers.

Photobucket

A wire egg basket holds some ivy for a table decoration. If it gets too dry I will put some moss inside and plant them. Actually I think I will do that anyway as soon as I can get some moss.

100_0622

I love to look at blogs and get some ideas. I hope someone will enjoy these.

2 comments:

Chimney Cleaning Portland said...

Thanks for sharing a piece of your life! I really enjoyed your blog. More power to you!

Hitchhiker42 said...

Wow that is an ancient wheelbarrow. I love stuff like that.. treasures brought back from someone else's garden long past. My uncle brought back a totem pole (of all things!) from a cabin in the Wisconsin north woods that once belonged to a family friend. The old fellow had been something of an accomplished chainsaw artist/sculptor. My aunt and uncle have it in a back corner of their yard. It's pretty trippy!