This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, May 21, 2012

Blooming in May...............

Azalea is blooming well and two are almost finished. The one under the pines is about to bloom. I will think about putting in more as they are doing so well. I must find some different colours. It does not do well in tubs so I must find some places to plant them and think I have a couple of places in mind.
100_0677

The peach one is almost finished

100_0658
Some days it looks pink but is really a pretty peach. I think I want some shocking pink ones next

100_0659
Out back the Rhododendron is blooming again. It didn't do a thing last year.
100_0624


It still doesn't look strong and so I think I must feed it better and cover it in winter so the branches do not break

100_0626

I bought this pretty basket yesterday for 32.00 the basket itself seemed almost worth that much. Not sure how long the flowers will last but it sure is pretty

100_0620

The Morning Glory is much happier in my garden. It was not at all happy at the cemetery where it was so hot and dry

100_0642

I put these in today along with some red ones. As the other one did so well I am hoping that they will all come back next year and thrive.

100_0655

Here is Tristen waiting for me to come back inside. I love the picture of him looking out the window as it shows the reflection of the garden

100_0694

1 comment:

millefeuilles said...

You may be new to photography but I am so impressed by your beautiful pictures. Such glorious flowers. And you have a Tristen? My son is called Tristan. Such a wonderfully poetic name ;-)