This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Survivors................

A few things come into their own in the Autumn and try their best to liven up the garden with a lovely show. I appreciate that very much. I have yet to buy some Icicle pansies but they really are a good investment and will show some here later. They will bloom right up to snow, they love the cool weather.
Meanwhile my archway is filling out and looking quite nice. Next year it must be replaced so that the weight of all these flowers does not break it down.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Sedum, two different colours. The tiny flowers are so pretty. I will have to get some more of those because they do bloom in the Fall and are so pretty up close They also come in other colours. I prefer the ones that grow closer to the ground because these tend to fall over. Still
at this point I don't really care. Just some pretty colour is the main thing.
Photobucket

I have been having more success with Asters the last few years. The ones that I already had have established themselves and are now thriving. With that in mind I put in a few more this year. I love this colour.

Photobucket
White will always brighten things up and these Asters have been blooming for a couple of weeks now.

Photobucket

Looking good and getting better, more Asters

Photobucket

The honey bees were very busy more than I have seen all summer, maybe it was too hot before and they are making up for lost time

Photobucket

No comments: