This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, October 29, 2018

Evening sun .........................

I just had to go out to take a few pictures. The sun on the leaves out there this evening is fantastic. Like someone turned on spotlights. Then suddenly it's dusk. It gets dark quickly these days. It's going to be time to change the clocks very soon. I wish they would just leave things alone. Ah well, doesn't make much difference to me one way or other.
The leaves on the trees out back are yellow.
 photo 119_0010_zpsgs3oidkr.jpg
I went out to the road to get pictures both ways, The neighbours dogs were outside and had to check me out
 photo 119_0035k_zpsgdqqjucm.jpg
 photo 119_0034_zpsbm9zfrkd.jpg
 photo 119_0027_zpsrj8yavni.jpg
 photo 119_0036j_zpsr5wyivw8.jpg
 photo 119_0038_zps9ppeqvyw.jpg
Yellow is the dominant colour today look at the gold in the Oak trees
 photo 119_0024_zpszqgcr3je.jpg
 photo 119_0026_zpsdureiavi.jpg
Meanwhile out back, the Blue Jays have discovered that I filled the feeders......I like the Blue on Blue.
 photo 119_0012_zpseaw77keo.jpg
 photo 119_0018_zpswe2eyj0i.jpg
 photo 119_0021_zpsmutnrspc.jpg
 photo 119_0019_zpsoxhr3rrb.jpg
It looks like the local Squirrels have camped out in the closest tree. Little buggers just eat so much
 photo 119_0023_zpskihz16cj.jpg
I caught this one chowing down out front on things they are supposed to eat. Acorns.
 photo 119_0032_zpsisy54flb.jpg
 photo 119_0029j_zpsiqg7qcul.jpg
 photo 119_0025_zpsx7zas6q1.jpg
 photo 119_0009j_zpsprncxrtz.jpg
Meanwhile inside, a couple of my African Violets are blooming,
 photo 119_0004_zpsrnfl5yeh.jpg
 photo 119_0005_zpsgcic5qhy.jpg
My plant Jason gave me years ago bloomed when I brought it in so must be happy
 photo 119_0002_zps7fyjv3o3.jpg
 photo 119_0003j_zpsqzvp8wds.jpg
I have found places for all the ones I needed to bring inside, now they need trimming back and tucking in for Winter.

"At least once a day stop long enough to allow yourself to be truly amazed by a tree, or a flower, or the sunlight dancing on land or sea. This is a sacred space, the place within us where we are witness to the ongoing miracles of life." ~ Marianne Williamson

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Amazingly beautiful post! You capture everything so well Janice! I love it all, especially the puppies look through the fence! LOL! Big Hugs!