This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Shades of Red.................................

This week the dominant colour in my garden is red. Beautiful brilliant red in Buds Maple and my Chinese Maple. They shine with raindrops and sparkle in the light. The garden is wet and sulky today I only went out to get a few shots of the pretty colours.
 photo IMG_0013_zpscgcrgtas.jpg
 photo IMG_0014_zpsbbw02grc.jpg
It has taken some colder nights to reach that brilliant colour. When we were up north yesterday the dominant colour was yellow and lime among the Evergreens of dark green. I love the Tamaracks bright gold among them.
Not just the trees, today all shades of red are around the front garden.
 photo IMG_0020j_zpsgv9iwkh3.jpg
 photo IMG_0019k_zpsofo7xhtv.jpg
 photo IMG_0011_zpsfuqflpfw.jpg
A lot of the flowers now have red in the leaves
 photo IMG_0026m_zpsxekgusm6.jpg
 photo IMG_0027h_zpsszd3spbh.jpg
 photo IMG_0028_zpsabqbezd9.jpg
 photo IMG_0029n_zpsiml6ggt9.jpg
The fallen ones leave a swath of reds among the golds and browns
 photo IMG_0030j_zpssi09evll.jpg
Apples red and rosy will feed the deer who venture into the garden in the dead of night.
 photo IMG_0021j_zps5dcp55kf.jpg
 photo IMG_0025j_zpscp23a930.jpg
 photo IMG_0017_zpscmcqhbty.jpg
 photo IMG_0023_zpsqhdxyccz.jpg
Even when not much is going on out there, there is usually something to see.............so today I will leave it with Red

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

My Gosh, Janice! Those are fantastic pictures. I'd say you are doing a really good job with your photography! xo Diana

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous Janice! WOW! Big Hugs!