This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, October 1, 2018

It's October Already.........................

 photo b3d46c2e90e0f90e8353458bec098f68_zpsq6ljxw5e.jpg
A quick wander around the garden today showed that critters had been busy. Where I planted the ivy there was dirt all over the path. Not sure if Squirrels were looking to see if I buried anything they may want or the Poodles had been busy. I did smell the slight odour of skunk this morning? Looking for grubs maybe.?
 photo b2eaa3a8fe3f2a07e1cc5f5ebc162a2e_zpsaiyicw5x.jpg
A beautiful month for sure, we had to turn the heat on in the house. Fingers and toes were beginning to freeze. My nose was running. Today was a little warmer so I did go out and sweep the paths and I planted the Sweet William that was in a pot, I also brought in the pretty red flower, such a shame to see it die. I am not sure how well it will do inside but will try to save it. I now have to decide what to do with all the rest. 5 Boston ferns, too pretty to die but too big really oh what shall I do.
 photo 113_0563_zpsgrdu2mo4.jpg
 photo 113_0579_zpshuoeu0h8.jpg
I don't like to see things die. I wish in some ways we had a milder climate so things would live outside but we don't. I have a few houseplants that have to come inside.
The problem in the house is the lack of light.
So who comes inside and who does not.
Meanwhile, the bees are still quite active,although not on too many things. They seem to like this plant and I have that in a few colours

 photo 113_0593k_zpsdf8tres6.jpg
 photo 113_0605k_zpsibgxbtdw.jpg
Seed pods are pretty, this is my Garlic Chive
 photo 113_0598k_zpsntnp3w4o.jpg
 photo 113_0588h_zps5wgtx4jf.jpg
There is not a lot going on, the Holly has a lot of berries this year. I should pick some so that the Robins have them in the Spring. They were so hungry last year. I will get some meal worms this time.
 photo holly_zpsg6n1nhkk.jpg
The berries on the Mountain Ash are all gone. Already eaten
I bought a new bird feeder to put on the window in the hope of having at least one that the Squirrels can't get to. Also hoping for some pictures.
 photo 113_0582_zpsgpwfocuh.jpg
The two fish left in the pond have enough cover and are fat and sassy. So good luck to them.
 photo 113_0576_zpsp1uzpoer.jpg
I will bring this in tomorrow. It's pretty right now and we are not supposed to get frost just yet although it is getting close.
 photo 113_0578h_zpsatxy1wxo.jpg
Bud's flowering tree next door is pretty right now.
 photo 113_0586_zpsspgmhyfp.jpg
Not sure what it is, looks like a cross between Hydrangea and Lilac.
 photo 113_0587_zpsg0iipsa9.jpg
I would like something that blooms this time of year but no space for much else.
So these guys sit all forlornly waiting to see what I will do next. Who comes in and who does not
 photo 113_0580_zpswnknkxto.jpg'
I have to get some potting soil and then see what I need to do............wish I could store them in the garage but that won't work. So tomorrow I must decide..........

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Lots to decide Janice! I know you don't like seeing things die, but make it easy on yourself!! Everything looks beautiful! Happy October! Big Hugs!