This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, October 11, 2018

October colours..................

Short brisk walks today just for some exercize. It was in the 40 degree range, high 40s I would think. As we set off it began to rain so didn't stay out long. We went down to Kid's Creek. Always good for a short walk. I didn't see a lot of colour down there but certainly a lot of leaves have fallen. I could see more than we normally can of the water. There is nothing going on in the garden. I did manage to bring in a whole bunch of plants in the hope that they will do OK over the Winter.I don't want to think how far off Spring will be.
Our road has some pretty trees this year.
My garden is neglected.
 photo 113_0724_zpsealqevod.jpg
 photo 113_0723_zpslktv8gtp.jpg
 photo 113_0722_zpsrctzdec4.jpg
I think I must take a walk around the neighbourhood I saw some pretty pictures on our way to Kids creek. For now, just some pretty trees
 photo 20181011_134056_zpsx7ojk1qc.jpg
 photo 20181011_134028_zpshljeboha.jpg
 photo 20181011_134014j_zpsg7qnpjap.jpg
There was a lot of wind last night. If it was that way out of town I bet there are trees down. We noticed when we were out yesterday that several had come down.
Nothing much going on down at the Creek though. Gerry wanted to go back the way we came that was sheltered from the wind. I can see I won't be getting him out much during the Winter. I sent him back the way we came and carried on. Not a lot different from last time.
 photo 113_0729k_zpsbvttlfmr.jpg
 photo 113_0729h_zpsyghpeqn9.jpg
 photo 113_0726_zpses326bpk.jpg
I love to see the seeds and pods but with the wind I think a lot blew away.
 photo 113_0725h_zps11et84ls.jpg
Some lucky critters will enjoy those
The first part of the walk is sheltered, but then we turned direction and was about to go into a more open area, that's when Gerry decided to go back the way he came. I carried on. It was brisk but I walked fast. After all this is about exercise as well as pictures.
 photo 113_0727_zpsz7rm3yon.jpg
I half way hoped to see my deer down in this area, but no one in sight today.
 photo 113_0736_zpsfjf5xbmw.jpg
No birds either, everyone must be snuggled down out of the winds.
 photo 113_0737_zpspzwth2ls.jpg
 photo 113_0738a_zpsk3ehiszi.jpg
Even when there is nothing to see its a nice walk. Back into our home territory and some more pretty trees
 photo 113_0740_zpslyfloe0s.jpg
 photo 113_0741_zps2uphwjjk.jpg
The last plant to bring inside............
 photo 113_0745_zpssir4r2vs.jpg
That one has to be replanted as there are two in there. It's a guessing game who will live now.............and what did I bring inside with them.? The first ones I did wash with dish soap but the last few I didn't bother. Ah well. Everyone needs a warm spot to camp out for winter. At least we don't live where I could bring in a snake or two. Just mice and spiders. I can deal with that...........I think. I just wish the mice would be smarter and avoid the cats.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

You made me laugh about the mice! LOL! Great photos Janice! You live in a beautiful area! Your garden looks good! Big Hugs!