This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, October 15, 2018

Birds are coming back to the feeders....................

A quick look around the garden today assured me that there is still a lot to do. I did gather all the glass balls and ornaments into one spot where they will stay until I can bring them in. I did get the last of my plants inside today. Today, well, sun and rain and snow, repeating that pattern all afternoon. That't it though, or so the weather man said this evening. I doubt I will get much done in the way of moving things but noticed I do still have two things that need to be planted.
So next comes the raking............meanwhile.
 photo 113_1011v_zpsbbwkjzc2.jpg
We leave our doors open for anyone who needs shelter.
 photo 113_1010_zpsyg4xdss7.jpg
One year we had a raccoon in there, we didn't know until Gerry caught a glimpse one day. That's good, I am sure cats and mice and others all find a cozy corner now and then. Last Spring a Robin took shelter out of the wind. I feel so bad for them all.
So there have been a few visitors since I filled the feeders. This little guy spent the afternoon here. Then some friends came in too.
 photo 113_1015j_zpsacmtgeml.jpg
 photo 113_1017h_zps98gcy0hw.jpg
I watched him for awhile and then took a walk around. I was attracted to the rain on the leaves sparkling in the sun (before it rained and snowed again)
 photo 113_1026n_zpsf0keeckw.jpg
 photo 113_1028h_zps2l4iyxao.jpg
 photo 113_1027h_zpscdrjoaiz.jpg
The Holly has a lot of berries.
 photo 113_1030h_zpsp2hc5iu6.jpg
The Cardinal was rather cooperative.
 photo 113_0757kg_zpsz4kneiwv.jpg
 photo 113_0746a_zpsob2b6ylx.jpg
The Bluejays look handsome
 photo 113_1001h_zpsyrv70c99.jpg
 photo 113_0999j_zpsv5cmfoas.jpg
I love how they announce that the feeders are full and the whole tribe shows up.
The cats went out, I kept them in all day. They were not happy about that. Well it was snowing so I opened the door to let a couple of Poodles out and both of the cats thought they were clever and ran out. I had to laugh, they were so pissed. They got out before noticing the snow. Bessie jumped up on the gate and Boots just sat and stared...........hehe. When I let the Poodles back in they dashed for the door. I am keeping them in as much as I can now the birds are coming in. Bessie in particular sits by the feeder.
 photo 20181015_140955_zpsh5flcdyn.jpg
 photo 20181015_141045_zpsmjvnuahm.jpg
Bessie will kill the birds and so would Boots.
I liked this shot, Chickadee taking his prize
 photo 113_1007h_zpsilglats4.jpg
 photo 113_1008_zpstvj2ffre.jpg
 photo 113_0992a_zps9lyk41i0.jpg
There's a fairy at the bottom of my garden
 photo 113_1031_zpsyfbuv3a9.jpg
 photo 113_1033_zpsdy3rvgfw.jpg
 photo 113_1037h_zpsbhvmqyyh.jpg
A few flowers left
 photo 113_1045_zpsfyupl25w.jpg
 photo 113_1041j_zpsetfnerft.jpg
Up and down the street
 photo 113_1039j_zpswzr4vcee.jpg
 photo 113_1038_zps3xblv9xv.jpg
I look forwards to a variety of birds coming in. It's a pity we don't get a greater variety. I will have to find a place to go and sit to watch other peoples birds.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Amazing photos Janice! Wow!! Your fur babies are so cute! Great photos of the birds! That is so kind of you, to leave the door open! Big Hugs!