This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Last Hurrah..............

The end of Autumn, we have had a couple of snow showers. Nothing but sleet really. Still the big one is coming. It will soon be the first day of hunting (15th) and so we usually have snow by then. I was hoping it would hold off for a time but apparently not. Naturally it could be gone by then I like the snow to hold off so the deer can get deep into the woods. Run Bambi run.........Supposed to get 5 inches tonight. We shall see.
Gerry raked the leaves at the weekend. Look at it now.
 photo 119_0116_zpspxas8e3u.jpg
 photo 119_0110_zpsxbiegawm.jpg
You would never know would you that the leaves were raked up already.
I had stocked up on bird seeds, but have already gone through that lot. The bloody Squirrels are just packing it away along with the Chipmunk who comes every day.
 photo 119_0109_zps0dgmu9cy.jpg
Little bugger built a nest right close by. They can lay in there and spy things out.
 photo 119_0066_zpspkctxd70.jpg
Wonder how many live in there? The end of the colours, trees almost bare now
Some pretty shapes though
 photo 119_0141a_zpssx2pdbez.jpg
 photo 119_0115a_zpsempktmbj.jpg
Lots of rain and wind brough most of them down.
 photo 119_0114h_zpsfhporuti.jpg
Chippy must eat his bodies worth every day
 photo 119_0118a_zps8eelyfag.jpg
 photo 119_0134k_zps4yc4lwr9.jpg
The cats usually get the Chipmunks, they must not be too smart or else they just want food more than life. I didn't get very good pictures today, The Nuthatch arrived and so did the Titmouse and Chickadees.
 photo 119_0144g_zpsfubbfci4.jpg
 photo 119_0123_zps6tzvwexv.jpg
 photo 119_0136g_zpsdhtgghjj.jpg
The mourning Doves seem to consist of two couples at the Moment.
 photo 119_0133d_zpskifhsyyq.jpg
 photo 119_0073_zpsej2jwrib.jpgChickadees are here every day.
 photo 119_0075_zpszvdu1okz.jpg
 photo 119_0080_zpsdt59ulyx.jpg
The girls are sitting waiting for Daddy so the door is open letting the cold air in, he is bound to complain about that. Not my fault, Bodi won't move.
 photo 119_0145_zpsnywhctve.jpg
 photo 119_0146_zpsrdv9rouu.jpg
Everything is wet and yucky today. Both cats are unhappy. At least it's easier to keep them inside, just wait till they see snow.
In this picture you can see the tail end of a Possom. It was on the deck last night but by the time I got my camera it was gone. Just got its bum as it disappeared.
 photo 119_0117a_zpsh8sjkbut.jpg
We put in a motion detector light when Gerry did the kitchen and the outside lights were changed. it comes in handy but didn't stop Brea getting skunked the other day. We all have a slight odour hanging around us. Not as bad as last time when all four got it. Still she will be getting another milk bath tomorrow to freshen her up. That happened in the morning so Gerry was not fully awake when he let them out. Poor baby dog got it in the ear.
The dogs just went out to potty and the lights came on, this guy froze and stayed long enough for pictures. I opened the window and threw out some bread.......I hope he enjoys.
 photo 119_0162_zpse5ngeevu.jpg
 photo 119_0156_zpsmkgcaaen.jpg
 photo 119_0151_zpsjnbpwzgb.jpg
Wonder if he wants to be my new pet????? Kidding.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

You are such a good mommy to all the animals! Truly love all the photos Janice! You need a leaf blower! LOL! Big Hugs!