This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Heat Wave................

It has been over 90 for several days. Today's heat index over 100, getting hotter.......my poor garden is suffering. I put sprinklers on this morning but had to go out and hand water again. My skin burned just being out there for a few minutes. I had to move my baskets of flowers on the deck so that they are in the shade. They look very sorry for themselves.
Meanwhile a few new blooms............
 photo 20180630_170434_zpscbwwzxqs.jpg
 photo 20180630_170441_zpszwj5xv5l.jpg
There are lots of buds on Daylilies but only a couple have blooms open. I don't blame them.
 photo 20180630_170226_zps7m1f2dty.jpg
These guys never have big blooms, I don't know why. Maybe they take a few years to mature? The foliage is always pretty though.
 photo 20180630_170240_zpsibmj01as.jpg
 photo 20180630_170406_zpspjccfnhz.jpg
I saw that the Hydrangea has buds. I was a little concerned in the Spring as it looked like dead sticks. They are OK though. I have some "wild hydrangea" that Jo gave me years ago, they're white and they come back every year. Those have spread too. I didn't check the other one, I couldn't wait to get back inside.
The roses in my "rose garden" are doing very well and is covered in blooms.
 photo 20180630_170259_zpsxdfxpmkj.jpg
I don't know when I will get out there to weed again at this rate. The heat is supposed to last all next week. So I hope that this next week we can go out for a couple of adventures. I certainly don't want to do housework. I haven't heard from Edna for awhile, she has been busy. A friend is in town from Texas so I hope to see her before she goes back. Next week could be busy. Another friend who used to live here before moving to N Carolina is back in Michigan to live. That will also be a goal to meet up with her. Hopefully more adventures to look forwards to.
 photo 20180627_201224_zpsi6juvzzr.jpg
The back garden yesterday had several new things blooming, I just didn't want to get out there today.
 photo 20180627_201413_zpsnsu794hd.jpg
 photo 20180627_201234l_zpsvackqjmb.jpg
I planted this guy and it seems much happier than it was in the pot and I hope that comes back next year.
 photo 20180627_201249_zpszgcjv1du.jpg
My wild old fashioned farm rose. Smells delightful.
 photo 20180627_200825l_zpstoqlmjt9.jpg
My girl is still around although looking worse for wear, she used to be an angel with copper wings.
 photo 20180627_200842_zpsgk04srlx.jpg
 photo 20180627_201037h_zpsnwkl3htm.jpg
 photo 20180627_200948l_zps27pkllyc.jpg
 photo 20180626_130636_zpsj9mgz5ay.jpg
I still have work to do out there. I did get all the weeds pulled on the patio so that at least is looking OK for now. I was going to pull them all up and put down wood chips but saved the money. For now. Gerry has taken the old door out and put in a new window. I don't like that it's small but needs must. Better than none and I will try to get my birds to come here when the snow falls.
 photo 20180622_164732_zpsmnanvp6c.jpg
I will do a blog on the change when we are done with the inside. For now just a couple of pictures
 photo 20180622_163100_zpsl8ljihbe.jpg
Thats it for today. Stay cool..............

3 comments:

World of Animals, Inc said...

It has been terribly hot here to the point where you cannot even stand outside for five minutes. Your garden looks incredible still, hope you have a nice rest of your week. Keep cool and hydrated!
World of Animals

Magic Love Crow said...

Stay cool my friend! I think everyone in the world is getting hit with the heat! I'm already cutting things down! LOL! Not everything, but I don't like watering. The only thing I will water are the trees. Love the photos!! Big Hugs!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love it when I get someone new as well as the good old faithfuls........
Janice