This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

How are we doing?...............

Every day there is more colour in the garden. It's nice to see, I just wish things would last longer. First one on the vine..
 photo 105_0007_zpsm9pujgsi.jpg
 photo 105_0007a_zpsewbaxp3r.jpg
I think there may have been another in that same area, guess we will see. The Iris turn out to be about the same variety as the ones out front, so wish I could have been able to grab some of the ones growing wild, ah well. Catalogues this Fall??
 photo 105_0010a_zpsb658hzo7.jpg
 photo 105_0009b_zpsdstgeo1t.jpg
 photo 105_0009a_zpsow1txgwx.jpg
These are the front ones
 photo 105_0028_zpsvfknojab.jpg
A few more things that have settled in, recent buys.
 photo 105_0027_zpsrhbxf7xl.jpg
 photo 105_0021_zpsybrkxxtq.jpg
 photo 105_0020_zpst3hfqp0b.jpg
I took a picture of this, just because it was pretty. I have pulled as many as I can so that the ones that are left can be kept under control. It spreads so quickly and is really invasive.
 photo 105_0018b_zpsqh2kwvvm.jpg
 photo 105_0018l_zps3v5mieun.jpg
One thing that I have found, the little Chili plant I kept inside all Winter has now bloomed since I moved it into the sun. I didn't do that at first because I didn't want it to dry out, gave it a good start. Looks like it will flourish and come in again next year. Thing is the dang peppers are sooooooo hot. Can't eat them but I think I will dry them and make into pepper.
 photo 105_0022_zpsesschz7u.jpg
I love how these have turned out and will get those again next year.
 photo 105_0023_zpsaxddaxko.jpg
 photo 105_0023g_zpsfezsnjp6.jpg
The Lilac smells divine. It is blooming well this year, it's the new variety not the old standards.
 photo 105_0004_zpsqk2rc3pg.jpg
 photo 105_0003_zpshlelyrat.jpg
I showed this little shrub before but the flowers have gone from very pale to a deeper pink. I hope it does not need more light, it's in a shady area.
 photo 105_0001_zpsvb1lhiyr.jpg
The water Iris bloomed well and are almost done. I thinned them out last year.
 photo 105_0005_zpsgziuhcxo.jpg
I have this in an old coal skuttle
 photo 105_0006_zpsnojcanf1.jpg
By the road we are growing Milkweed for the butterfly.
 photo 105_0031_zpscdijvaor.jpg
I need to collect more stones now, I want to border the new gardens with them. I want big ones not these little ones.
 photo 105_0041_zpsarfo3u6z.jpg
I will end with a picture of the flowers I got for Alex I just have to get out there and place them.
 photo 105_0042_zpsoij6m1ls.jpg

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Everything is looking stunning Janice! Love it all! My lilac tree didn't do well this year. Big Hugs!