This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Garden after Rain......................

I love it when it rains, everything is so pretty and wet. So no gardening today, instead we went for a walk. I did go take some pictures this morning though.
MY stone garden looked nice after the rain.
 photo 107_0019_zpswqgdkaqx.jpg
 photo 107_0017_zpsodcebi4g.jpg
 photo 107_0016_zpsbg4ieszx.jpg
See the Petoskey stones?
 photo 107_0020_zpsbcbsppgw.jpg
 photo 107_0021_zps0w5xzgm5.jpg
The Old Farm Rose has bloomed better this year, it has already had several flowers and more buds coming. This is the most fragrant ever.
 photo 107_0015_zpsrm41ne6h.jpg
Somehow and I have no idea how I am getting Holly bushes growing. There are several out back. No idea where this came from. I do have Holly that I bought but they are very different from these.
 photo 107_0014_zpszoefwzd3.jpg
My Milk Weed is doing great, still no Butterfly though. In fact on our walk in the fields, only 2 Monarchs and a White one. None yesterday.
 photo 107_0013_zpsitcbfsch.jpg
 photo 107_0012_zpsrxhzpuzl.jpg
We saw White Yarrow flowers today, usually come in Yellow and this Pink. Thing is it spreads so much so I have to pull a lot of it out. Maybe I should put in in a pot
 photo 107_0011_zpswntijyme.jpg
I have no idea what these are called but they are in bloom now and these too spread so much but are much easier to pull and control.
 photo 107_0010_zpste9uq1vo.jpg
 photo 107_0009_zps7ig2vcvh.jpg
I can't remember what these are called either, another spreader that I have to control but so pretty,
 photo 107_0008_zpsqdmvo6eb.jpg
 photo 107_0004_zps0ls89hov.jpg
This is Bud's new tree/shrub.I want one but I do not have anywhere to put one.
 photo 107_0006_zpsnfcx9oq6.jpg
We did not swap the Iris this weekend, too wet and too busy but they will go where these Yellow daisies are and this is another one I had to weed out. They get tall and fall over so are a bit untidy.
 photo 107_0007_zpsbdqtaaso.jpg
 photo 107_0005_zpsngwlccnf.jpg
I think stuff is really taking off this year. I have no room for new things. When I get extra I dump it under the pines to do as it wants. I am glad I talked to the man over the ally, I may be able to get some Hosta, he advised me to cut down some tree branches to get more light. He is right and I know Gerry will love doing that.
My Peace Rose is hanging on............so pretty.
 photo 107_0003_zpsixoboxbc.jpg
This is my tree stump. I want to make a Fairy House out of it. I need a roof (Gerry) and will get some windows and a door to make it look like a house. Good idea? I thought so. Meanwhile the Fungi seem to like it and that will help with the illusion.
 photo 107_0002_zpsxqtkvpjk.jpg
The Ivy is growing well and trying to escape.
 photo 107_0001_zpsos3yhdyc.jpg
So that's it for today. If it gets sunny tomorrow I think some of the Day lilies will be out. Think I will get out to see Alex tomorrow

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful Janice! Simply beautiful!! I want to grow some milkweed! I really like it! Congrats on the Holly bushes! LOL! Big Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

Forgot to say, Love your rocks!