This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, October 26, 2015

Seedtime and harvest...................

Genesis :Then God said, "Let the earth sprout vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good.
 photo 103_0821a_zpszckzrao8.jpg
I love to walk this time of year, I love to see the seeds, the pods, the fruit all making ready for next year. God made the vegetation and trees and fruits to bear after their own kind. So harvest time, is a promice that next year we will see everything new again.
 photo 103_0815a_zpsu3u6jt9x.jpg
Apart from that, the seed pods are artistic, beautiful.
 photo 103_0801a_zpsw4pkj5tf.jpg
 photo 103_0802x_zpsrkaop57n.jpg
Some things are still blooming. I got a few pictures of things still trying to thrive, to put out one more lot of seeds by blooming as long as possible to beat the weather and reproduce.
 photo 103_0795a_zpspp3um6ub.jpg
The berries, bright to show off to the birds who will eat them. They too contain a seed within and as the birds fly away and poop somewhere else another fruit tree will have the opportunity to grow.
 photo 103_0824a_zpsabygfivm.jpg
 photo 103_0840a_zps3nyauymo.jpg
It is wonderful to be in the woods on a sunny October day. Later we stopped by the farm market. I paid 10 dollars for a cabbage. Can you believe it? Wow most expensive cabbage I ever bought. It was organic, I hope to find a gold bead at its core. We will be eating cabbage for awhile. I think I will go out and get a corned beef tomorrow and maybe also make and freeze some stuffed cabbage.
Anyway, they had a corn maze. There were still some cobs on the stalks that I am sure some critters will enjoy
 photo 103_0892_zpsmbohwnis.jpg
I love sunflowers and they give and give. They give their beauty as the worship the sun and the seeds upon their death. The birds all love them and even dried up like this they have a special beauty.

No comments: