This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Hot day............

It got to 87 degrees today. Told ya. Goes from freezing to 90, no inbetween. Well, it's going down again next week into the 50s. I had to put the sprinklers on today. I went to Lowes because I needed some potting soil and I told Tristen I would get more sand. I like the new spot that his sand is. He seems to like it too, at least he plays with it now. Yesterday I spend a lot of the day planting flowers in pots. No matter if I was inside or out I had my little band of faithful followers.
 photo 2aa7f63a-92f8-4b36-bcd7-69eb5effba53_zps9ccymequ.jpg
Brea stayed in the house while the cat snoozed on the deck
 photo 17c411d7-ec45-4cca-ad00-3fe8ac5c8f09_zpsxnckapoi.jpg
I have bought quite a few plants. I didn't mean to. I also did not mean to get more today, except that I had to go get some more potting soil. SO I bought this beautiful rose. Some Lavender and a few other things along with some pots. I really must NOT go back.
 photo 60af1ba0-66ad-499f-8915-a0b1d8d4b962_zpsggj5lh3l.jpg
 photo f8810ab6-f42f-4fd7-b567-fd2d2bc0cf9c_zpsjtkl8y8h.jpg
I now have another bunch of plants to plant. Isn't this a pretty daisy. I couldn't resist
 photo a259f0b3-13a2-46d5-a72c-67a3760f7c92_zpsnkw7esds.jpg
I still had some Hosta that did not get planted last year but they are just coming through. I got two more. This area is one I am working on at the moment. I had cut those junipers back and its rather bald out there. SO.....I found an old piece of trellis to fill the gap and put some old bird houses by it. I am going to have to dig up a lot of violets so I am thinking of putting them there and under the pines out front. I am wondering if some Hosta would survive in that spot because a lot of snow gets piled there. Maybe I should just pot them and put them there instead of in the ground. A work in progress
 photo 4a8dced7-a48a-4197-9d4e-fe46902381f8_zpsckv8bg1j.jpg
I bought two Boston Ferns, one for the deck and one to fill in a gap to the shade garden.
 photo 87c37c12-875c-40ce-844f-aa63329f1541_zpscm8tjlsc.jpg
 photo d6ee9492-7151-49a6-9e3e-872bb999e284_zpsiasw2nec.jpg
Everything will look better when the leaves are fully out. Right now everything is very open. I need some more shrubs in the very back to cover the fence lines. The ivy back there was damaged a lot during this past winter.
 photo d6ee9492-7151-49a6-9e3e-872bb999e284_zpsiasw2nec.jpg
It's nice to have a few thing to share for a change. I will leave the rest for another day.

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Coming along beautifully my friend!!!

Unknown said...

After the industry’s odd foray with 3D, it’s good to see that display and TV makers are back to focusing on image quality, color reproduction, and resolution.
Runescape Gold