This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, May 28, 2016

After the rain.................

On our way home from Leland yesterday it started to rain. We had a nice downpour and today is cloudy and humid. It hasn't rained yet but is supposed to. The kids are playing in the sprinkler so no doubt the back grass (I cant honestly call it a lawn) will be a mud puddle. Still they have to play somewhere. Sigh.............I was so over all that, you know kids disrupting my quiet retirement life. Well I must accept things as they are and do my best to muddle through Boo Hoo.
 photo 103_4327_zpsyhqilnxb.jpg
That and the tent unused in the back shade garden. May as well take it down but Gerry says no they will play with it at some point. Well............anyway.
So after the nice rain we had I went to check the garden. At least it got me out of working today after hauling rocks from the beach yesterday. Everything just bursts after a rain. Something they get that they don't get from a hose. Everything is an inch taller and the buds are bursting. The bushes like my Azaelias are full of flower where just yesterday there were only buds. By tomorrow the Poppies will be blooming as well as my Iris it looks like.
 photo 103_4316_zpsp6ebec9i.jpg
 photo 103_4297_zpsmrzuwiec.jpg
 photo 103_4294_zpsepk7go9l.jpg
The Pink Azaelia was in poor shape I thought but has really come on nice. I have another under the Pines that should bloom tomorrow. The Snowball shrub needs cutting but will wait now until done blooming. I would like to find some shoots from that to plant somewhere else.
 photo 103_4298_zpsxkloqonu.jpg
The new Foxglove is blooming nice, I have another that has not come to that point yet. If I remember right it may be yellow or pale pink. The Geraniums are nice too.
 photo 103_4315_zpspefqogff.jpg
 photo 103_4293g_zpsmse6murj.jpg
Rain is natures nourishment. It shows. This Hydrangea was on the edge of dying, the flowers had withered but have revived. These flowers put in this year are ahead of the ones already growing. The other two Hydrangeas are way behind at this point. I hope the rain will work it's magic.
 photo 103_4313_zpsimlj2qry.jpg
 photo 103_4311_zpsobb9gepz.jpg
 photo 103_4312_zpsctoizcqv.jpg
 photo 103_4314h_zpstajyawvk.jpg
The Ferns are out and I have thinned them out, I will have to keep that up so they don't spread again.
 photo 103_4318_zpsuswycjyi.jpg
This Hosta has doubled in size since I moved it. It is beautiful now.
 photo 103_4319_zps7zld7jbq.jpg
The pond fills up with rain water and thats better than having to fill from the hose and add the decloride stuff to it. Goldfish don't seem to mind the chemicals but chorine kills them. So far so good they are on their 4th year in the pond. I wonder if Mr Toad is still around.
It's still looking like we may get more rain later and that would be good. Then it can stop for awhile.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Everything looking amazing! You are so right, when the rain comes, it's like magic. So different from watering with a hose and you think it would be the same! Hugs!