This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Squirrels.............

 photo 108b5812-ae71-4993-8b11-2f76f17f073e_zps77a8a08c.jpg

They are at my feeder every day.....today they went vegetarian and were eating the buds on the trees. They will be after the tulips as soon as they show up. My neighbour Bud will begin his war on squirrels. I should be grateful but well, I like the little beggers. I must say though that they are a pest lately because there are so many of them. This one was on the next branch of the same tree.....must be tasty


 photo fc3fab44-cbe4-4bd6-87cf-50832b42af62_zps411fc97f.jpg

Meanwhile on the deck below, two more were competing for the sunflower seeds. Less work I suppose,

 photo 868df2a7-7bf2-4285-9356-86f84ae81666_zps8a326beb.jpg

Meanwhile two more were in the garden under the Burning bush waiting to see if I was going to chase them off. I couldn't be bothered much to the disappointment of the birds awaiting their turn

 photo 7de1ad20-ffb6-48c7-acaf-84854361bd5c_zps9e0689bc.jpg

Yes that's snow on the ground. Snowed and froze yesterday, actually had a snow day when a school bus went in the ditch at 5am. A snow day in April, good grief. It was a terrible day. Today is just plain cold but so far no snow, but it wont melt at this rate.

Linking with Adorned from Above blog hop.

PJH Designs and Transformed Tuesdays

4 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely shots of the squirrels and the chickadee. Your squirrels are a lot darker than ours.

Merlesworld said...

Cute little buggers aren't they but they will eat you out of house and home.
Merle..........

Magic Love Crow said...

I love those little guys too! I just wish they would let the birds eat and then they can take a turn. Don't take everything! LOL! I really love watching them! They are fun!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

We have a couple of black ones and a couple of albino ones this year but they don't get close to the house because of my dog. Bo thinks they are tasty. They are cute to watch. Thanks for joining us this week at Transformed Tuesday.

Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs