This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Autumn decorations.............

We do not do Halloween. However I do love the Autumn decorations. I have found some cute ones. The front porch has been changed, that gives me a chance to clean up and freshen the look. The next change will be Christmas. Wow, not yet I hope.


Photobucket

We have a bench and an old cupboard that I use for mail. A rocking chair too and odds and ends to fill the space. A small table is beside the bench. Next year it will have to all be painted. I am thinking of a nice turquoise, pale turquoise. Till then this is what we have to deal with. Red........
101_0241
A long view of the porch.

101_0245
Next year we hope to redo it. Close it off and gate it. This little visitor fitted in with the decor.

101_0218

Meanwhile inside, in the kitchen. I brought in a few pretty leaves.

101_0221

and set them in with some other decorations

Photobucket

Photobucket
With my leaves added. Doesn't it look nice? It reminds me of when I was a child and we were sent to look for leaves to stick on a page and then name them. We also did a few other crafts with them, rather like bronze rubbing. Its quite effective.

Photobucket



Linking with Make it Pretty Monday At The Dedicated House

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful decorations Janice!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love all the Fall decor! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your pettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse