This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A few English gardens and flowers

I am back from my trip to England. We were back on Monday but I have been so tired I could not get back to blogging until now. I have been going to bed by 9.30 each evening.
I took loads of pictures and will take a few at a time to get ready and show you here. One thing that has happened since probably the early 1960s is the disappearance of the front "yard" or garden. Many of the houses only had about a yard in front to begin with and that has long since become their parking spot. Back in the day there were not many cars so everyone had a small patch of lawn and a few flowers. Well that being gone in many towns it is nice to get out in the country and see them still blossoming and blooming...............
105_0024
One thing about the south of England is the climate is different from the rest in as much as the Gulf Stream keeps it mild. In fact Palm trees flourish there. The Fushia's come in the form of bushes. I never knew that.

100_1276
The gardens over there never seem to die back like they do here. I suppose the rain and the climate keeps things blooming longer and constantly. I know it seemed true of my Dad's garden





100_1320
Some pretty blooms
105_0020

105_0022

Dancing ladies
Photobucket

Photobucket