This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, September 3, 2012

Gardens at Chartwell............

Every English home of consequence have lovely gardens, chartwell is no exception. There are lovely lawns and walks. One can meander through the grounds or connecting fields and ponds. Winston Churchill loved to potter in the grounds doing the garden walls and working on the ponds. He kept a fine orchard. The air that day was heavy with the scent of Magnolias, beautiful waxy flowers.

100_0818100_0815

Rodney plans his strategy while waiting entrance to the house. Nice to sit amidst the flowers.
The orchard is full of lovely trees.
100_0825
Some of the wildflowers I grow as garden flowers here. Devil's-bit Scabious below

100_0826


Some kind of Clematis. Isn't she pretty

100_0830

A walled garden gives a form of climate control. Keeps in the warmth of the sun and keeps out the harshness of the wind. Chartwell is also protected on one side by banks of trees.
100_0833
100_0834

This looked like a working garden where things grew to supplement the borders. Also a nice sizable vegetable garden, see the runner beans growing on those stakes?

100_0832

Do enjoy the gardens of Chartwell........I did.


1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

I did indeed, enjoyed them very much and your photos of the flowers were once again so lovely!