This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, February 26, 2012

March Winds.........................................

March Winds, April showers, bring forth May flowers.
It's the same every year and it is a comfort to know that sure as Winter follows Autumn ...Spring will soon come again. I always feel so bad when I see little critters dead on the road in the Springtime. They have made it all through those lean winter months only to loose their little life in the Spring when things will get better for them.
Here in Michigan the saying is "In like a Lion out like a lamb" so we hope for an early Spring when March comes in with snow storms. This year I just don't know. Its not been a normal winter and so can we hope for a normal Spring?
In England it is my favourite time of year. Lambs and blossoms. Everything gets green and beautiful the Spring flowers in abundance in the fields and hedgerows. I miss that so much.
Our Spring in Michigan does not really begin so early as it does there. We have a couple of months yet before we see real blooms like Daffodils and Hyacinth. I know that in English gardens they have flowers already. Blossoms too and the lambs................
Photobucket
The lambing time is special to me because I remember when we would have the babies who had been abandoned by their mama's. Mrs Dryden would make a bed by the electric fire and we would get to feed them the bottle. To teach them to suck one would let them suck a finger with milk on it until they got the idea, then insert the nipple from the bottle. It was a strange feeling holding the little creatures with their little hooves, they were the size of a small dog but the little feet were hard. Their wool was tight and soft. They soon grew strong enough to join the rest of the sheep.
Gathering Catkins and Pussy Willow for our mums, probably the first things we could gather to bring home.
Photobucket

No comments: