This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blue skys again....................

Well today did a reverse again and out came the sun. I went to the store yesterday and got a couple of plants for the house. I love the smell of Spring.
Photobucket
These go into the garden as soon as I am able to plant them so I can enjoy them again next year.

Photobucket
I have had quite a bit of luck with this over the years. Most everything that I have put in the garden in the Spring has come back up and spread.
Today I looked out to see who was at the feeder. There were two squirrels, a black and a grey. Seems they are now friends after a winter of eating together at the feeder because they were playing. They took off into a nearby tree when I opened the window but I was able to get a couple of cute pictures.

Photobucket
They may look like they are being naughty but they were just grooming and playing but I am sure its the beginning of a relationship. I will soon see baby squirrels maybe?
Photobucket

There were the usual visitors, the Chickadees and the finches. Today the male finch came and I did get a couple of pictures of him looking handsome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

In My Wild Eden said...

I am so glad I found your blog. I live in Michigan also. We see black squirrels around, but haven't had one at our feeder yet. Your pictures are so fun.

Donna Heber said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I too am anxious for spring to arrive, but have several months here before I can "play in the dirt". Thank you for stopping to visit me.