This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November rain.................

Today it's raining. It's voting day, I am glad I don't have to go out and vote. I am not a citizen so I can skip that one. Honestly what would I do. Not Donald for sure, Hillary? Probably.
So I stayed home and watched the birds. A whole gang of little ones came in. Noisy they were. I love that.It was only just light. The time change made it light earlier, I suppose that's the point of the time change. So the kids get on school buses do so in daylight. I like the Native American comment "only a white man would believe that cutting from the top of a blanket and stitching it on the bottom will make the blanket longer" words to that effect.
Anyway, the birds were happy and knew nothing of the time change.I love their cheerful nattering. The Tufted Titmouse is one of my favourites.
 photo DSCN8819j_zpsy4sqivpx.jpg
Look at those beady little eyes. Such a pretty little bird.
 photo DSCN8790k_zpsjhpuv6g4.jpg
Mr and Mrs Nuthatch came too although Mr was rather elusive. He would not stay still. Better pictures next time.
 photo DSCN8783jk_zpsc1wdg7lu.jpg
 photo DSCN8784j_zpsrsdntzyu.jpg
Everyone was flittering and fluttering and would not sit still so no Chickadee pictures.
I missed the Blue Jays too.The Yellow Finches were busy on some seeds in the garden.
 photo DSCN8809j_zpstfhtusg1.jpg
 photo DSCN8779hj_zpsefp13f6y.jpg
The bright yellow ones were missing. So that's it for birds today. The garden is a huge mess and will stay that way until all the leaves are down. Gerry hates to rake and waits until he no longer has a choice. I don't mind. Bud probably does though(next door) he cleans his spotless. Gerry doesn't see the point and I don't really care.
The Burning Bush does not often get a lot of colour. Not enough sun, still its looking pretty at the moment
 photo DSCN8815_zpsvozygskj.jpg
I like how its leaves are laying on the wreath. I have not found my Autumn garden stuff. I thought I had put it where I could find it. Ah well...........maybe next year.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Maybe you will get deported, because of your next President! LOL! Sorry, had to make that joke! I wish you guys all the best and I wish everyone else in this world all the best too! It's going to be a long 4 years! Gorgeous photos Janice! Love them!