This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Garden in summer...................

My garden in summer heat has to take care of itself. I hate the heat, especially humidity. By this time of year I have pretty much given up on the garden. I do need to do some weeding but it will have to cool down quite a bit before that happens. It's the humidity that kills me.
The Daylilies are blooming, I would like to get some more, more diversity. They do so well in my garden that I want to stick with what works.
In this spot I have two climbers, the first one to bloom was pink, it had one flower and was done. Now the 2nd on is blooming and doing better
 photo 103_4640j_zpssmes3gpm.jpg'
I was surprised to see my Foxglove bloomed this year. I bought another before I saw that lasts years had come back, so maybe next year both will do well. The older (pink) one has doubled itself.
 photo 103_4630j_zps79hbesir.jpg
The Daisies are doing well this year. I had several plants and last year they didn't do well but are back this year and looking happy
 photo 103_4617_zpsuodlpr2o.jpg
 photo 103_4607g_zpsy1blyo7b.jpg
 photo 103_4607_zpsfwifcilx.jpg
One that I put in will need to be moved because the plants ahead of it have grown taller and hide it. It is a pretty Daisy too, fluffy looking.
 photo 103_4594h_zpsrdtn2jh8.jpg
I did feed everyone twice already but think I will have to do that again, I don't seem to get a whole lot of blooms all at once. It always looks sparse.The Daylilies have some pretty colours.
 photo 103_4582j_zpsevpdapqi.jpg
 photo 103_4910h_zpsquqyflpj.jpg
 photo 103_4898_zpsxw2imq5h.jpg
The red ones don't photograph well.
 photo 103_4894_zpsirxmjrrh.jpg
 photo 103_4878j_zps62tlkyhf.jpg
 photo 103_4840g_zpsjbt45f6e.jpg
 photo 103_4829_zpsrcz0bdl7.jpg
These flowers spread all over, I had to really pull them out this Spring. They are so pretty though. I do love them but they can kill others if not controlled.
 photo 103_4834f_zpskxdnos0p.jpg
More lilies
 photo 103_4811_zpsdhwrlc5t.jpg
 photo 103_4807_zpskn8ftaqd.jpg
 photo 103_4791_zps4i4qacpi.jpg
Lots of small plants that I wish would take off.
 photo 103_4820h_zpsuungbawc.jpg
 photo 103_4821k_zpsystwpgxb.jpg
 photo 103_4777j_zpsxi6v8i2q.jpg
 photo 103_4776_zps549nshax.jpg
 photo 103_4584_zpskpqkt13x.jpg
 photo 103_4627j_zpsc5fmuldz.jpg
Some of the Roses did well, others never bloomed
 photo 103_4796h_zpscrisj4nk.jpg
 photo 103_4606d_zpslccfrwpk.jpg
The Bee Balm is blooming, I have 3 colours of that. Sort of straggly at the moment not sure I have any pictures yet.
Every year I have to replan things. This year I didn't have any money to spend. I want to continue the fence line and fix the area under the corner Pine tree, the ivy is doing well there so I think I will plant more until it covers the whole area. Once the fence is up then I can keep it under control and move one of my old ploughs under there.
The area near the road needs to be dug up and replanted. So much yet to do.
 photo 103_4615_zpshklrzlcm.jpg
Maybe some Daylilies or a Knockout rose would do well. Or some Lavender. Anyway, come Fall I must weed it out and see what I can move into the garden.
 photo 103_4597h_zpslufsctpa.jpg
Well that's it for now. I will post more when it cools down.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Looking beautiful Janice!! I hate the humidity too! Totally understand!!!