This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Wild Flowers................

What is the difference between wild flowers, weeds or garden flowers (cultivated) Some garden flowers I see here in the US are wildflowers in England. I am sure thats true all over.
I love Wildflowers, they are hardy and bright and know their place. I mean, they know where they belong in order to thrive.
Here is a selection of pictures taken last week on our trips.
 photo 100_7758u_zps99gnnshj.jpg
 photo 100_7813_zpsqjex5b8b.jpg
 photo 100_7817u_zpslmtuw4aq.jpg
The Poppies were found growing around the old farms and meadows.
 photo 100_7791k_zpszcmquet6.jpg
 photo 100_7873u_zpstzw03fat.jpg
 photo DSCN4760u_zpshn7ikw9r.jpg
Some pretty flying flowers above. Woodland flowers and dunes flowers, and meadows too. I love them all.
 photo 100_7879_zpswgvoxjkj.jpg
 photo 100_7846_zpsecukgogi.jpg
These grew by the old farm buildings
 photo 100_77718_zps20vejmde.jpg
 photo DSCN4767uy_zpsnodbdqsh.jpg
 photo DSCN4769_zpsqmhgwbfd.jpg
 photo DSCN4797y_zpsqu41a0mp.jpg
 photo DSCN4805u_zpsuukvewi2.jpg
So many pretty flowers
 photo 100_78148_zps4a93lz24.jpg
Another pretty flower?
 photo 100_7826y_zpsg2ma3zz1.jpg
This lovely lilly grew on the side of the Bluffs in very sandy soil
 photo DSCN4807uy_zpswacvogsq.jpg
Even the grass is beautiful
 photo DSCN4820u_zpsqqvxtyga.jpg
The Rasberries will soon be on the vines........time is moving along. Today is the first day of summer and so it will be running down hill now
 photo DSCN4759u_zps5hkjbeko.jpg
I have to show this, some of the trees have eyes........can you see them?
 photo 100_7766_zpsip366gxq.jpg
 photo 100_7802_zpsxh1bqfxc.jpg
There are also many beautiful ferns in the woodlands
 photo 100_7804_zpsayix36we.jpg
Cow Vetch, beautiful when en masse
 photo 100_7773ui_zpsafkqc2tp.jpg
I was taking pictures today and the Red Wing Blackbirds were not happy. One would hover over my head, trying I think to intimidate me. Didn't work. I took my pictures
 photo DSCN4628i_zpsdn7qoanz.jpg
From the sandy dunes bursts of bright colour
 photo DSCN4676_zpsyhmuuage.jpg
Beautiful shrubs too
 photo 100_7676g_zpsswqcujer.jpg
I do need to get a newer version of wildflowers to take along and identify those I don't know. I did that as a child. My dad gave me a small pocket book of English wildflowers. I need a good one for Michigan.
 photo 100_7684i_zpseqklqh5f.jpg
 photo 100_7667f_zpsmd6fhl9e.jpg
This is just a small taste of the beauty that surrounds us and what makes our day trips so pleasant. More pictures next week we hope. It looks like it might be a nice few days and we have plans
sharing with A Dedicated House
also with Create with Joy

No comments: