This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Had to get out of the house................

Its been so cold, so wet with snow and then windy on top of that. So today it had sort of stopped for awhile and so we took Tristen down to Logans Landing again. We just wanted to get him out to run (sort of like a puppy, he needed to run)free for awhile.
Run he did......while I looked for wild fowl.
106_0665
I really wanted to go and see if there were any good pictures. I missed out on the misty day so was hoping for something good today.
The Swans were looking pretty, one was napping.
Photobucket
There were plenty of ducks, and the Mallards are always busy and pretty and they certainly were busy.
106_0681
This one I had to look up and I think it may be a Bufflehead.
Photobucket

This one I could not find either.... there are so many kind of like it. I think its a golden eye........
Photobucket

The Swan kept a close eye on me because I was getting close to the water............I was knee deep in the snow. In my shoes I might add (and no socks)my feet got rather wet.
Photobucket
I remember going down to Logans Landing for lunch when I was working. I had just got out of the car and a bunch of Swans came in to land,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I swear one of them about parted my hair. All I saw was the pads of it's big feet as it just skimmed over me and landed on the ice in the parking lot.

Linking up with Mop it up Monday.....with thanksup
Also linking with PJH Designplease visit us there.
I am also linking up with Inspire Me Monday at Create with Joy

5 comments:

Candy said...

I just found you over at Mop It Up Mondays....right next to me. And, I had to come over to take a look. Love your photography. I'd never guess that you were new at it. Aren't the swans gorgeous? I'm now following you. PLease come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN@gmail.com. THANKS.

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

What beautiful pictures. I love the swans! You should come by and share at Transformed Tuesday. My readers would love to see your photos. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/01/transformed-tuesday-23-features.html Hugs, Peggy

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Thank you Peggy I will do that, I am glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Magic Love Crow said...

Great adventure! Love the photos ;o)

Merlesworld said...

Great pictures I didn't know swans napped like that.
Merle.....