This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Trimming and planting................

I slept in this morning. The night before I got like 2 hours of sleep, just restless. Bodi was panting, so put the fan on, then she was snoring and I got pushed to the edge of the bed. I got up and had some warm milk and went back about 3am and maybe fell asleep around 4am. Then up at 6.30 to take Cooper to school............not a restful night. So now it's the weekend and I just lingered till I felt like getting up.
Then off into the garden............
I had Gerry dig up the overgrown section near the steps and today I put woodchips down.........

I must decide what I want to put there. Maybe nothing. For now too much else to think about. At least the brambles are gone. The lady who is living across the ally came over today. She makes those wonderful ornaments made from teapots etc. She took a tour of my garden. I showed her my one remaining thing that I have left from my efforts.

She made me enthusiastic about making more. I must get a move on haha. She says she does it for a living. Wow.
Well I would never do well enough to sell but I do enjoy doing it. So maybe after I get finished, if that ever happens I will have another go. I need to get to some yard sales. Thrift shops too.
I put the game board out and just have to get black and white stones for the game pieces.

I notice that the board has warped since being out there. Thats ok.
I see the Jack in the Pulpit has survived another year. Two were showing when I saw this one.

I need to buy some more pots and planters. The ornamental grass is growing back and needs to be pulled and planted. I need a pot so it is controlled. Brea always has something to say about everything.

My Bunny friend hangs out here too.


I think he likes that I allow the Dandylions to grow


There is so much I need to get done, at least most of the hard work is finished. Just a few things to plant and a few to dig and move but then it will just be weeding. The back is a jungle again since I have been working on the front. Ah well..................I suppose I have all summer. I want to go to Garden goods soon and get the Fairy I want for the front garden..........all mine are gone now. Sigh.....always something. Thats good though right?

No comments: