This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Friday, June 14, 2019

June is (not) busting out all over..........

Apparently due to the inclement weather the Strawberry harvest is very late this year. So looks like no freezer jam for me. Well Gerry anyway, too much sugar for me. It tastes so good though. In the garden things are also slow. At least in my garden. The Iris have buds but that's about it. Still it does seem that what there is will be more than last years crop. The water Iris is blooming well though........


It has been so wet I haven't been spending much time outside and there's so much to do. In between I did manage to sort out a garden when Vinca Vine had set in and I got most of it pulled before it took over. The Apple tree had no blossoms so far but the Azailia's are looking nice. They need trimming off dead bits but at the moment blooming nicely I have one under the Pines that I need to move into a space I cleared where the Ferns were.





The front garden is taking so long because so much died off. Then the things that spread are taking over. Just a few shots from around and about.



We gave up on the vegetables this year. We do have some tomato plants though. I have one out front but it's not doing so well,that will get moved with the others I think. I had to buy a couple of new pots as Gerry used mine for the tomatoes. I got those today, it was sunny when we went to Mennard's, then raining by lunch time so not getting done today. I bought a couple more grasses that I don't have. They are Perennial so I hope they will do well in pots. I don't want them to spread but don't want them to freeze either.


I am quite enjoying the ornamental grasses. I had put some in the garden and that was a mistake but at least they are now in a spot that I can salvage and pot knowing they like that spot.
The girls enjoyed the garden and Poodle paths yesterday between showers




Just a few more to finish off.......maybe tomorrow I can get something done. I sure hope so soon or it will be summer. With luck though a cooler one.





The rain is making things grow, and it's cool enough for me. Still that doesn't help if it's too wet to work.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hines said...

Looks like a lovely garden!
I bet the poodles love being able to enjoy the sun and freedom to go out
Weather all over the world is very strange. We had no rain in May, but has bucketed it down in June.
Jeni x