This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

End of summer. what now......................

A cool day today would have been perfect to work outside but..........to discouraging. It is real mess out there. It would be perfect for digging up stuff, like ferns to transplant but instead we went for a walk. I hope I can make myself do something to make it look better. It just seems so overwhelming I mean, look at this.....
 photo 113_0435_zpstmbea52r.jpg
The bee's are still busy working with what's left.
 photo 113_0433a_zpswkkn0frs.jpg
The question now is what if anything should I bring inside for Winter. Wow, hate to think Winter so soon but it was very cold last night. I did bring the ferns onto the deck to clean off and decide. I hate to see things die. This Ivy I will plant because that never does well inside, not for me anyway.
 photo 113_0421k_zpsdkgqlchh.jpg
These Boston Ferns did so well this year, one of the few things that did. I also have my Spider plants on the deck and a fuchsia. The Fuchsia has been inside several years now and this year did well on the deck. What about the Geraniums. I think tomorrow I will take a walk around and see what I want to do.
 photo 113_0419_zpshltqczmf.jpg
Look how big this one is but I have 5 and they all look nice, one is from last year.
 photo 113_0418_zpsfvr5bg1v.jpg
 photo 113_0420_zpsrjqsnbj3.jpg
Not a whole lot in bloom now, just some sedum
 photo 113_0440jl_zpsin9jyrmp.jpg
 photo 113_0440j_zpspbos2fkg.jpg
 photo 113_0444_zpsjseqodcf.jpg
I was very happy with the grasses I bought this year and this one is lovely. Maybe next year it will get bigger. If it survives in the pot. If not then I will buy some and get it in the ground right there. It likes that spot it seems.
 photo 113_0437_zpsttindhhn.jpg
I used to have a friend John who was a master gardener, he lived opposite when we lived out in Maple City. He would cultivate cuttings during the winter and this would be a great project because I never planted these.
 photo 113_0426_zpscsgsqdtm.jpg
The Sweet William I hope to put in the ground because they should come back next year but that means cleaning some stuff out first. I have to get my act together.
 photo 113_0424_zps2ehzgved.jpg

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Your garden still looks great Janice! I have cut alot of mine back! Have fun deciding on what is coming inside! Big Hugs!