This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

After the sale.............

I did very well with my sale and I had fun too. I made some money and got rid of a lot of extra things. It was hard work and entailed a lot of sorting, pricing and more sorting. I am glad it's over even though I did enjoy myself.
This weekend we finished up on Saturday evening and just covered everything. Next day we proceeded to sort things out and repack. I brought in what I wanted to keep and we took 3 boxes of books to Goodwill. I have 3 bags of clothes for the Thrift shop and a box of fabric and quilt books for a friend. This is what we brought inside
 photo 113_0381_zpshwjhyz8t.jpg
So today I began to go through that room, and I did it. I got everything in it's place and sorted. So this evening the room looks like this
 photo 20180911_163327_zpszpr0nhx8.jpg
The driveway is clear of all but the empty boxes now. I was just too tired to put those in the garage. The garage now looks like this...........
 photo 113_0372_zpsy7otwsvv.jpg
 photo 113_0373_zpso4nelnz3.jpg
I still have to organize it but at least now I can see what I am doing. I also can do that without hitting my head on things hanging from above.
Maybe next year, when Spring comes again. I will have a good start and know where everything is...........the basement is pretty sorted out too. Still has Gabby's things for now, but soon it will be clear.
So that is it. I can not imagine having another sale like that.
I did pull a few weeds and tidied up on Sunday, I got the back area all sorted and tidy, was quite happy with that and turned my hand to the veggie plot. I then went back later to find this mess.
 photo 113_0384_zps9e1jbipg.jpg
I was very disappointed to say the least. There is a pile of lumber out back in the ally. Gerry had to work today and again tomorrow. Then if it's still there we will take a load to the dump. People will often pick up things they may want. So it's good to set things out and find out if someone wants things.There is some good lumber should anyone want it.
Anyway I had a quick look around today and it will soon be that the Mums are blooming and the Asters. Bud's Asters are out but they have more sun
 photo 113_0382_zpssodl9uhk.jpg
Mine just have buds. The front is almost done, things are shriveled and dead. That at least will give me chance to clean up, plant stuff and move things. I should hope the weather cools down again. At least it did for the sale and clean up. Now to finish up inside and hope to get outside by weeks end.
 photo 113_0377j_zpswjpnset7.jpg
 photo 113_0376k_zpsegupqxnd.jpg
 photo 113_0374k_zpsrvdrmoup.jpg
My Boston Ferns are so pretty I hate to see them die off. I brought one inside last year but they are so messy half way through winter.
 photo 113_0375m_zpsu5x9m4p3.jpg
 photo 113_0369kl_zpsctoskffj.jpg
So do I bring them in or not? I just don't like to see things die. I brought in the Geraniums last year as well as some of the Begonia's. I can put them in the bedrooms but...........do I want to? That's the thing. I think I have about Ferns and two Geraniums.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

So happy the sale went so well Janice! Love your garden pictures!! Big Hugs!