This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sad Garden..............................

Oh my, so sick of this heat. It makes me ill. The garden looks so sad. Needs so much work but I just can't stand being out there.
So today Gerry said "shall we go for a walk over by the State Hospital. At first I said no it was too hot. He said well it's probably OK under the trees and so we went. I DO need the exercise after all. So off we went. Ugh......
 photo IMG_0012_zpsehviyljo.jpg
 photo IMG_0013_zpsdqderoyf.jpg
Well it may have been shady, mostly, but it was HOT and HUMID and buggy. We walked as far as Kids Creek. That was enough for me.
 photo IMG_0015_zpszgxzajzk.jpgSo
This creek is the same as the one over by Michaels and where we saw the deer. It meanders all over the place.
We headed home. I just didn't want to go anywhere else. This weather is miserable and going to be in the 80s all next week. High 80s
I took a quick look around my wilting garden after the sprinklers were done, they had not been on long enough. Tomorrow they will have to run all day by the looks of the curly leaves and dead branches falling out of the Maples. However I did have one little visitor that I enjoyed. He posed for me so I got some good shots.
 photo IMG_0031k_zpslkucvyiz.jpg
I love the light on his wings
 photo IMG_0032kl_zps4ygshdix.jpg
 photo IMG_0033d_zps3gcrtgn3.jpg
I think how horrible it must be for the birds and wee beasties at least I can get away from it. Remember to leave water out for the birds and animals folks.
 photo IMG_0038kl_zps2w4ybhyf.jpg
 photo IMG_0039k_zpstfqf5lxq.jpg
When you look at these tiny miracles it makes my day. Look at the details on the wings. The hair on the body. I saw his eyes moving? watching me unafraid.
The Day lilies are blooming and those too are a miracle when you really look
 photo IMG_0026j_zpssc0kgw39.jpg
These purple bells are one of the banes of my garden existence. I love them but.............they are invasive in the extreme. I try to keep them controlled. Thats a full time job right there.
 photo IMG_0028k_zps5znnsi9w.jpg
I didn't get many pictures today, the little dragon fly took up the time I was willing to spend out there.
So for today that's it. Time for bed and try to get some sleep ugh!!!

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

They say this heat is going to be with us all summer, so take it easy Janice! I know it's hard, seeing our plants and trees go all yucky! I have 3 hostas that have fried!! But, I am making sure the water is out there for all the animals and insects, like you! Great shots of the dragon fly! Big Hugs!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Thanks Stacey. Yes its been a harsh summer so far