This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Nothing going on...............................

I have been under the weather for a few weeks now. I am missing my usual enthusiasm and just feeling blah. So this has been a perfect week to work in the garden and I have done nothing. I have a feeling it will stay as it is until Spring.
My next chore is bringing in plants. That is not a joy for me. I could just leave things outside but hate to see things die when they don't have to. Plus the fact that my Geraniums that came in last year have been so beautiful and full of flowers. It may just be they liked the Dairy Doo so I must remember that next year.
So another year passes into Autumn and very soon into Winter. I am loving these cooler days and chilly nights with the bedroom window open. Glorious......no humidity. Ahhhhhh I just love it. So really I do wish I could buck up some and get out there and just do it.
Jasons plant is thriving, so must come in this weekend. It won't like frost.
 photo 20170916_110634_zpsquc9c8ic.jpg
I don't want to loose it after all these years.
I will bring in the 3 Geraniums that I now have. I only bought one this year and must try to save that one. I am going to put some benches in front of bedroom windows so I can sit a few plants upstairs in the windows.
 photo 102_0002_zpsuzlcq5j1.jpg
This Fuchsia is several years old now and so I do want to cut it back and save it again. Trouble is when the plants are crowded in one spot it's hard to take good care of them. My bedrooms upstairs are seldom used now so a good place for them I hope. I have a bunch of these and several new ones so will see those through the winter indoors again. It saves a fortune in the Spring.
 photo 20171004_150152_zpsawl6tjoi.jpg
 photo 20171004_150156_zpswkzy3zq0.jpg
I have so enjoyed my Basil and will try to see that through winter in the kitchen window maybe, along with the Rosemary.
 photo 20171004_145909_zps0feolipg.jpg
 photo 20171004_145903_zpsncrblnlf.jpg
I must cut some sage and dry that or maybe freeze some but really don't use that like I did the other two and Sage comes back every year. Maybe I will just dry it and enjoy the smell?.
I have found that I really have not used most of the herbs I have planted except for those two, Basil and rosemary. So wont replace them if they die off. I always use Sage for stuffing so thats OK and it looks nice too. I will bring in my small Lavender and see if I can nurse that through in the house. I have NO luck growing lavender and this one thrived in its small pot.
 photo 20171004_144555_zpsgrsp7s9d.jpg
 photo 20171004_144634_zpslwjdmkg1.jpg
It will soon be time for my bird watching again. I really have not seen many birds at all this summer. At least not at the feeders. I have a nice Boston Fern, I only bought one this year and may try to save that and this other plant that I can not recall its name. It's pretty so may as well try. The thing is I hate to think what comes in on the plants and I don't like to spray them. I wonder what everyone else does? I don't have time to repot them and not sure they will get washed, I usually give them a good spray with the hose and call it good. What do you do?
In need of ideas. This one stayed tight all summer so I bet there is much wildlife in there, ugh!...............
 photo 20171004_144619_zps1zsvhwwy.jpg
I still have not pulled the Deadly Nigtshade out, I love the berries and the birds eat them. Who would have thought it.
 photo 20170924_181610_zpsrhyftxns.jpg
My brain is not functioning today, I can't remember any of the names of my plants so fill in the blanks till I get back to it. Sigh!!!!
The bees are still busy although there is not much out there to feed on. Usually it's way colder than this. I see someone finally ate my Hostas out front. Yet to find out if it is Rabbit or Deer but they are welcome to them at this time of year.
 photo 20170924_182340_zpsty9tbamq.jpg
Stll a few green Tomatoes, although we didn't get a big crop we got enough to enjoy and I learned what I want next year.
 photo 20171004_144510_zpsvaqnzpld.jpg
Next year...........how many more next years do I have? Time goes so quickly and yet Winter seems long. If it just holds off till January that would be nice. Time to make dinner, it's Sloppy Joes tonight. I have not had those in ages. So looking forewards to that.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

I bet your sloppy Joes were good! Have fun with taking all your plants in! I have to be honest, I don't do that, because of bugs. My mom always said, never take in outside plants. I know one other person, that puts them in the garage. They seem to do ok. Never freeze. Good luck with everything! I am loving the cooler nights too! Big Hugs!