This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Monday, March 22, 2021

Spring is in the air....................

It's only March and we were able to get out and rake. Doing just a little each day. Yesterday I cleaned the deck and front porch. That was a big task right there but I was able to put out my new cushions
I have to put out flowers next but that means finding a basket and then waiting til I can get live plants. Nigel and Nelly have been regular visitors. Nigel is so handsome. They are there now cleaning up the corn and stuff thawing out by the deck. They saw me throw out bread for the Possum and the rabbits have greens tonight. Last night they had Tristens left over snacks of pretzels, marshmallow and popcorn. Some fried eggs and nuts. I take care of my critters, we are told not to feed bread but they love it, all of them do so hey, it fills their tummies.
I was standing at the back door today and I swore I saw Snowdrops in the garden. It was quite a distance but sure enough it certainly was. I can't believe I see so well at a distance but cant see stuff right in front of me.........ah well. It is what it is. So then I had a look around to see what showing. Quite a few things coming up. I am wondering if the Hosta that Jo gave me last year have made it, I took the dead stuff out and just tips are showing in some pots. The stuff in the ground take much longer to show up. Iris are breaking ground. I didn't rake the leaves off the gardens, it's too soon, we may yet get snow. In fact it's probably guaranteed but at least I am getting and early start.
It looks rather barren but as soon as it rains it will green up. I took out the poodle paths, those patio blocks because I needed something under the big bird feeder. That side garden will be getting a complete overhaul because we have to take down the fences for the side walk this summer. Saved me buying blocks, the center I will fill with stone. It will keep it a bit tidier as the seeds fall there.
We pulled out the plough that was tucked into the side garden in back. With the fence coming down I can fix up things in the back and use the old fences now to make the back garden completely seperate. RIght now I have old wrought iron in there but its still see through, using the trellis fencing like the swings, arches, it will completely seperate. I like that. Have then a secret garden back there and will work more to make it special. Out front the black iron fences have to come down too so before anything grows back I will fill in the area under the Pine with wood chips and move the two ploughs out there. They came from Justin and Carries house in the UP. If I don't get there soon the old lillies will come up and they are just a mess, and never bloom.
My shrubs are growing well out there so I hope the side walk construction doesn't damage the stuff I want to keep. Anyway just a few things from today. I am trying to pace myself because my body sure hurts when I am done and so much yet to do. When I get a rainy day I will paint the outside wood ornaments and spray them before putting them out. My table is covered. Fabric, sewing machine, knitting and paint stuff. It never ends, and will never be a real dining room.

No comments: