This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Nothing new.................

I walk around my garden and find it totally frustrating. There is no lawn, its all weeds. The lawnmower broke and cant afford a new one. We have a hand mower, you know the old type of push mower that does a hack job. At least it does when Gerry does it. (thats not me)

He seldom does the trim so when I get out I hand pull the edges. Right now the flowers/weeds that I grow that like to spread are having a grand old time frolicking all over the place.

They have no manners and spread to other gardens too. Funny thing is they would do wonderful in a wild garden, but then mine is fast becoming one.
The Geraniums that I overwintered have come into their own. The ones that did not look very well have perked up and now I have nice mix of colours. I will bring them in again.



The Boston fern that I had left that about died is also back and looking good. I've 4 this year. 3 new ones. I think what I'll do with those is cut them back when I bring them in. See how that works. I hate to see things die.
The "rose garden" did well this year and I'd planted some daisies there and even the lavender did OK. So I'm happy with that. All my roses bloomed to some extent and that's nice. I will try to prune them this year if I get a chance. I long for a nice long cool Autumn. At least get the leaves out of the way this year. Way too much work come Spring.




You can see the subtle change in things as it slides into a different season. The berries on the Mountain Ash are just turning red, seems it only just blossomed. Soon be time to fill bird feeders again. So much to do before then. The Ferns I pulled have replaced themselves but I will pull some more and plant in the back under the Pines. That's the plan but will it get done I wonder?
It has been a horrible summer for me. I feel more of cabin fever than I did in Winter. I can't tolerate the heat and humidity. The Day lillies are holding up their end of the deal, always a favourite. Hostas blooming and I have some to put in the garden too.







Always some new ones. Although the ones I got this year are long over with. Next year though they'll be awesome.


Nothing lasts long here. Soon the leaves will begin to hint at changing. September is usually a nice month and begins the change. Sometimes a dust of snow and the first frosts happen depending on the year. Maybe it'll be a long cool but not freezing Fall.
I gave up on the side garden for now. Gerry is working on the front porch. I will have to take out all my pretty stones and wash and replace them Maybe even cover them when the leaves start to fall. Trim the Forsythia and weed the new garden well so come Spring I can plant it. I can always hope.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Your pictures look beautiful, so hopefully your garden can't be that bad!!! August for us has been dry! I have cut a lot back already too! Big Hugs!