This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Photobucket



Oh to be in England
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England - now!

And after April, when May follows,
And the whitethroat builds, and all the swallows!
Hark! where my blossomed pear-tree in the hedge
Leans to the field and scatters on the clover
Blossoms and dewdrops - at the bent spray's edge -
That's the wise thrush; he sings each song twice over,
Lest you should think he never could recapture
The first fine careless rapture!
And though the fields look rough with hoary dew,
All will be gay when noontide wakes anew
The buttercups, the little children's dower-
Far brighter than this gaudy melon-flower.


Home thoughts from Abroad ~ Robert Browning 1812-1889

Cowslips in the meadows.......I always looked for these sweet flowers.
Photobucket

Bee Orchids we would find on the chalk banks. They are endangered in England but we knew where to find them.

Photobucket

White violets, I knew their secret places. I knew just where they hid their pretty faces by the side of the brook.

Photobucket

Quaking grass.....also grew along the chalk banks. It gets brown when ripe and rustles in the wind.
Photobucket


The Harebells that grew on the Downs. To lay in the grass on a summer day with the bees buzzing among the flowers the bells as blue as the sky. Pretty bells dancing in the breeze, oh to be that relaxed again.

Photobucket

In Michigan these are some of my favourite flowers. I want to get some for my garden.

The Pink Lady Slipper

Photobucket

The yellow Lady Slipper

Photobucket

The Trillium

Photobucket

Jack In the Pulpit.

Photobucket

No comments: