This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Winter Visitors...................

As with my other blogs I had left this one in the Autumn, I had really bottomed out with enthusiasm for much of anything at the time.Now I am back and will try to keep all of my blogs going, at least a once a week effort. This Winter was a mild one and we had a lot of visitors. Not so many birds as usual but a few constant critters came and went. One was a very pretty Skunk who came several times until it met the Poodles. Then it decided to either come after we were in bed or found better yummies. This was a rather lovely Skunk with a lot of white on his tail and body. Skunks are one of my favourites and can make good pets. The other nightly visitor was a Possum. In actual fact I believe there were more than one. The original was a fat one and was brownish rather than grey. The other had a white face and was smaller and grey. They were both beautiful and I adore their little hands. Certainly leave distinctiver tracks in the snow. I see they go under the deck to hide but mostly they run for the garage. I did take some video of them all but not sure yet about getting it on here so will wait. The third visitor, well often more than one was a rabbit. A big bunny. I am hoping everyone brings me babies come Spring I read up on Possum's and find they only live a couple of years. How sad. They have quite a few babies each year and carry them in a pouch. Our only Marsupial apparently. They eat ticks and fleas and bugs and other pesky things. So they are very beneficial. Mine like cheese and hamburgher and is very well fed. My Crow was a constant visitor and enjoys a wide variety of foods. This winter was rather mild and so he didn't come as close as other years ' In the Fall I brought in some of my plants to try to over Winter, but they didn't do well. Last year I put them in Tristen's room because he wasn't staying here that often. This year things changed and he is here every weekend so I put the plants downstairs, They just didn't do well, not enough light. I think maybe a couple of the Geraniums will make it and a couple of others. Next year I am not sure it will be worth the hassle. I should add that we also had a house guest. Anyway, Spring will soon be here and I will be able to get outside and be more active. I hope............Gerry did our front porch up last year and that will be like an extra room to go sit in and be outside. I can put fans out there and it will be out of the sun. I will put some bird feeders out there and spend more time there, we have never been front porch sitters. Now it's private and the Poodles can come and go as they please. I love leaving the doors open, yes an odd fly or something comes in and yes we have air conditioning running but hey, I like air con and fresh air. All for now.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Life would be so boring with no animals or birds around to brighten things up.