This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Yard sale continues....................

I had a great time on Friday, I reopened my sale. I had to because we had such a storm. I knew stuff had to get wet. It did. Not as bad as it could have though. The table got wet and ruined the top but I gave it away to a lady who thought she may be able to paint it. I got outside soon after 7.30am and it was non stop, literally until I went in at 5.30. I didn't have relief because Gerry was working for the day. So I waited as long as I could and just went in as people were leaving and a car was arriving. I was starving by the time I got in because I had not had breakfast. I planned on getting set up, sorted and then go in and get some toast but oh no, soon as Gerry put up the sign they started rolling in. I had not planned on that. The day went very well though. I really enjoyed some of the people who stopped to chat. Some live close by and others asked me about England and so on. I sold a lot of stuff again but have a lot left.
Gerry is going to work on the garage this week, I took some pictures, and remember this is after we had "cleaned it out"
 photo 113_0193_zpssxwkgvt1.jpg
 photo 113_0192_zpsj8ngmhsj.jpg
He had spent some time sorting and I had thought matching lids with storage bins..........well as you will see, that did not happen.
 photo 113_0190_zpsd3bpnzu9.jpg
 photo 113_0189_zpsgliyzkop.jpg
Well today he did get them all matched up and I think I have convinced him to fill the truck up next week and take a bunch of stuff to the dump. We put it out in the ally first because people will pick it up sometimes. Better to let people have what we don't want before dumping it.
 photo 113_0188_zpspnrv5zyh.jpg
 photo 113_0194_zpsumkzxt39.jpg
I want to get it as empty as possible, The shelves I put in there from Laura'a house to use for garden stuff I am not sure if I want to leave them or sell them. I have a dresser in there that is taking up a lot of space and I can't use the drawers so I may get rid of it. Although it does give me a good work surface.
 photo 113_0195_zpsvmvwptyi.jpg
So..........we had rain for 3 days and more coming through next week. Then Thursday, Friday and Saturday is supposed to be in the mid 70s. This means the garden is......well, it's wet. It's a mess. The flowers are dying off that makes it a bit easier to see what's what. I should transplant some of the ferns while I can dig them up. So after this next sale the garden will be my next project.
The veggie garden was not a success. I think I got like 4 Zucchini and I see two tiny ones that may grow and they can take their time because I still have two in the fridge.
 photo 113_0213_zpsluu153vz.jpg
I had to laugh, I am not sure now what I planted but I know they are supposed to be bigger than a cherry tomato
 photo 113_0211_zps1wcoepko.jpg
My cukes were deformed, they did better growing up my tree last year.
 photo 113_0212_zpswdgxddwh.jpg
The Cherry tomatoes did well
 photo 113_0207_zpskpkwzjvh.jpg
So next year what????? I really like this side garden and will put flowers in next year. I give up on trying for veggies it is cheaper to buy them.
The back veggie garden will likewise go to flowers. I will plant more herbs, they do well.
 photo 113_0187k_zpsydmtb90c.jpg

I think I moved most of the Chives from the regular garden to that plot. I may put in some sunflowers but must wait to see what cones back next Spring. I have learned from my friend Diane that some perennials will brighten things up and will pop a few of those around. Well that's a long way off and we have winter to go through yet. The Mums and Asters will soon be blooming everyone else is about done with. It's drab out there now, but will look better once I can get out and weed and tidy up.........soon.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

I'm so happy the sale went amazing! You and your hubby are working hard, cleaning everything up! At least you got some vegetables! Happy gardening Janice! Big Hugs!